There are a series of formalities, according to the New Law on Digital Assets (LDA), which allows investors to open a cryptocurrency company in Serbia. Below we present information on how to open a company in Serbia, particularly in the virtual currency sector, with the mention that our company formation agents in Serbia are at your disposal with all the support necessary to initiate this type of business. Also, they will help you with obtaining a crypto exchange license in Serbia.
Table of Contents
How you can start a cryptocurrency company in Serbia
Digital assets or virtual currency can have a certain value and can be traded on the exchange market. Practically, they can be sold, bought, or transferred, depending on the needs of the business and the customers. Those who want to open a cryptocurrency company in Serbia must consider some essential formalities. Among them, we list:
- A limited liability company (DOO) must be registered in Serbia.
- The minimum share capital for this entity is RSD 100, deposited in a local bank account in Serbia.
- It is necessary to appoint a director and company secretary when you want to open a cryptocurrency company in Serbia.
- The authorities request the development of a business plan for several years.
- If you want to make hires in the company, you must prove that the respective employees have the necessary knowledge and experience to work in the virtual currency field.
- Proof of the financial funds that will enter the company is also required.
- In order to set up the necessary platforms for trading with digital assets, it is necessary to implement specific software and programs.
- It is necessary to implement the internal policies in the company, with the help of which you can control the operations with digital assets.
- Because it is a financial company, you will have to set up an anti-fraud protection system, as well as establish the business risk, if it exists.
- Before operating on the market, investors must obtain a crypto exchange license in Serbia.
Therefore, if you comply with the formalities mentioned above, you can open a cryptocurrency company in Serbia, without problems and also without restrictions. It is important, however, to have a specialist help you, to be able to comply with the legislation regarding digital assets. We remind you that one of our local agents can help you with company formation in Serbia.
How can I obtain a crypto exchange license in Serbia?
Local and international investors who want to trade virtual currency in Serbia must first obtain a crypto exchange license in Serbia. The National Bank of Serbia is the institution that verifies applications of this kind and provides the necessary approvals, together with the Securities Commission. Here’s what you need to do to get a crypto exchange license in Serbia:
- In addition to the documents of the cryptocurrency company in Serbia that you have just established, you also need to present a solid business plan.
- You must provide proof of custody as well as the administration of digital assets on behalf of clients.
- The authorities also require you to provide proof of a clear criminal record, as well as the fact that the company is registered for paying taxes.
About cryptocurrency taxation in Serbia
Taxation for the cryptocurrency sector in Serbia is done as follows:
- VAT is applied, except when transferring cryptocurrency into cash,
- 15% as capital gains tax,
- personal income tax,
- property tax.
So, according to the Ministry of Finance in Serbia, the VAT does not apply to specific virtual currencies, such as Bitcoin, due to its status of not being a legal form of payment in Serbia. On the other hand, according to the National Bank of Serbia, digital currencies are considered commodities, and hence the VAT exception for cryptocurrency transactions.
There are other exceptions for cryptocurrency companies in Serbia, and here it is about 50% of capital gain taxes for companies that invest their gains in another Serbian enterprise within 90 days.
Do you want to know more about cryptocurrency taxation in Serbia? Do not hesitate to contact one of our specialists.
Some important facts about LDA in Serbia
According to LDA, there are no restrictions regarding those who want to purchase digital assets in Serbia. Considering this aspect, both individuals and legal entities can trade with virtual currency, either in Serbia or outside the country, and own digital assets as they wish. As long as the providers of digital assets operate on the market with all the necessary permits and licenses, foreign trading platforms of digital assets can be used without restrictions.
Investing in Serbia
Serbia is a country that presents a series of business advantages for those who want to develop their activities and enjoy consistent profits. With a stable economy and optimal business conditions, those interested can work in various fields of interest. Below are some interesting facts and data about Serbia’s economy:
- In 2022, the GDP growth rate was around 2.3%.
- Serbia’s exports in 2022 totaled around USD 29.1 billion.
- As for imports, they had an approximate value of USD 41.1 billion in the same year.
- In 2021, economic growth is somewhere around 7.4%.
Complete accounting services are necessary for a company to be able to carry out its activities without erroneous procedures or complexities. Our accountants in Serbia have the necessary experience to be able to offer personalized services, taking into account the type of business, financial plans, and other relevant aspects. Feel free to discuss further details on this topic with our specialists.
Choose our agents for opening a cryptocurrency business in Serbia
We recommend the complete services that can be offered by our company formation agents in Serbia for those who want to be active in the field of virtual currency. The legislation may seem complex for those who have not been active in this field, therefore, an experienced specialist can provide the necessary support in this endeavor. You can count on professionalism, efficiency, and transparency when you collaborate with us, so don’t hesitate to contact us and find out more about how to set up a company in Serbia.
Do you want to open a cryptocurrency company in Serbia? Do you want to apply for a crypto exchange license in Serbia? Contact our team of specialists if you want to know more about company incorporation in Serbia.